Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back from Holland

Went to Holland for our three day weekend. We had to be at the bus at 5:15 A.M. to get to Harwich to take the Ferry over to Hoek van Holland. The Ferry ride was 7 hours long. 7 HOURS LONG!!!! The trip there was rough, but the trip back, wasn't too bad. We got a cabin and slept most of the way home. Emily, Brandi, and I visited Amsterdam, Volendam, and Delft. We had such a great time. We went to the "Red Light" district Saturday night. On Sunday we went to Anne Frank's House, the Diamond Factory, and a clog and cheese farm.  On Monday we went to the Delft Pottery factory. We left Monday at 2:00 P.M. and got back to Feltwell at 10:30 P.M.  

Teaching wise...I did the introductory activity last week with the 1st-3rd graders.  It went pretty well, and I've come to discover which classes are more well behaved than others. I'm still having trouble with learning their names and I only have three more weeks. It's just hard trying to learn 300 kids names in six weeks. This week I'm taking over the fitness activity and the activity I'm doing is wearing the kids out, but they seem to enjoy the activity. It's good to see the different ways I have to explain things to the 1st graders compared to the 3rd graders, but then there are some 3rd grade classes need more of an explanation than the others.  My best class is Ms. Levay's class, which is a 2nd grade Spanish emersion class. They are my best behaved class. 


No comments: