Sunday, September 14, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to my new blog!! Most of you already know, but for those of you who don't, I'm hoping to do my student teaching in England next semester. I will be living on Royal Air Force (RAF) Feltwell.  RAF Lakenheath is 8 miles away, and that is where 2 of the 5 schools are.  There is a chance I will be placed there as well for student teaching.  There are 5 Department of Defense Dependents Schools that we will be at.  Feltwell Elementary at RAF Feltwell, Lakenheath Elementary at RAF Lakenheath, Liberty Intermediate School at RAF Lakenheath, Lakenheath Middle School at RAF Feltwell, and Lakenheath Highschool at RAF Lakenheath.  I'm the only K-12 student teacher, so I will either get an elementary school and the middle school or an elementary school and the high school. 

There are 8 OSU students who are going, 2 Elementary Ed, 5 Secondary Ed., and I'm the lone Physical Ed. student. I'm sure I'll have the most fun though!!!! 

On the weekends we are encouraged to do lots of traveling, which is definitely OKAY by me!!  I'm hoping I can convince a couple of them to go to Italy with me over Spring Break. If not, I will make a new friend and have them go with me. haha I'm DETERMINED to make that my Spring Break!!!!! 

I've downloaded Skype (www.skype.com) which is a free internet phone service, so you should totally download it so I can keep in touch with ya'll.  For those of you who don't have a Mac...that's just about everyone except Shi, Hat, and my Owasso family, you will need to get a microphone or headset in order to talk. Skype is FREE, so get to it!!!!! I'd like to try it out before I leave, so GET ON IT!!!!!! 

This will be the only post, until it's time for me to go, so I thought I'd give you all the 411 on the situation.  I'm planning on blogging here every chance I get while I'm gone so ya'll know what's going on, and so I have some sort of reminder of my trip.  I will post pictures, thoughts, randomnes, and anything else I can think of as long as I've got the internet. 

So, please bookmark this and keep checking back. Comments are also appreciated, as I love to know what ya'll are up to back home as well!!!!!! 

Until next time....TAKE CARE!!!!!!

No comments: