Wednesday, January 7, 2009

18 days and counting...

18 days until I'm off to England for three months.  I'm extremely excited and a bit on the nervous side. I'm sure the nerves will be hitting me come Jan. 25.  But, until then, it's all excitement!!!  We all seem to still be waiting on our visas.  Which is making us all a bit uneasy.  But, hopefully they will be coming SOON!! 

I got to speak with a friend of mine who did her student teaching there last semester.  Another fellow Phys. Ed. person.  She was extremely helpful in what to expect, suggestions on traveling, and other things.  Speaking with her I think helped with the nerves.  She said that the people over there are extremely kind and are more than happy to help us out in any way that they can.  She and another girl from their group travelled pretty much every weekend, and she encouraged me to find at least one other person to travel with.  It seemed like it worked better in smaller groups.  

My departure date is January 26th at 12:35 P.M. from Tulsa International Airport.  Emily and I will be traveling together and the other 5 will be coming the day after us.  

If you haven't already, please download Skype and get a hold of me through e-mail or something so we can try this thing out! I need to know and see how it works!!!!! 

No comments: