Friday, May 15, 2009

Home?

I've been back in the States for 15 days. I can honestly say that it feels weird. I no longer have to trek down to the very end of the hall to get to my bedroom. I no longer have to wear shower shoes. I no longer have to sit on a broken toilet seat. I no longer have to worry about whether or not I can get on the internet. I no longer have to worry about how I'm going to get food for the following week. I no longer have to punch in a code to get into my living area. 


I MISS ALL OF THAT!!!!! Things that I would otherwise find annoying are the little things that made the Feltwell Hilton my "home." I miss coming home to a "hello?!" coming from the dayroom. I miss the faces of my 8 beloved Feltwell Crew Members. I miss hearing about each of their days at school. I miss Wednesday Volleyball. I miss lunch with the Lunch Bunch at the High School. I miss traveling. I miss the random videos and pictures. I miss sitting around the dayroom table listening to music and trying to get on the internet. 


I could go on forever, but I don't think you would enjoy that. lol Luckily, most of the Feltwell Crew is in Oklahoma and I've gotten to see most of them since being back!!! And thank goodness for Skype!!! Our main communication with each other!! 


As I sit here thinking about all the things that I NEED to be doing all I can think about is wishing I was back in England, hanging out with the Feltwell Crew at the Feltwell Hilton. But, life goes on and it's back to the real world. There are job applications that need to be filled out, thank you notes that need to be written, money that needs to be made, pictures that need to be organized, ticket stubs that need a home, a test that needs to be taken, and a life that needs to be lived! 


I had the best three months of my life, and being only 23 years old, I'm sure there are more amazing months to come! 


In the words of a one, Joseph Campbell, "We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." I have no idea who this Joseph character is, but he is SPOT ON!!!! 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Claudia!!! What a great post! I share in those feelings. Feltwell was an amazing experience and I have 8 new friends from it. And...I'm loving the music you've chosen to accompany your blog!

Hal Iverson said...

Hey!!! Some of that music looks familiar!! Where ever did you get it?

Great post, it made me miss you all though. It is so sad to leave our experience behind us, but I will always remember it fondly. Next stop....Colin and Hal in OK state!