Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer and Procrastination

Self control and self determination are the two things that I need to keep myself from becoming a fluffy, broke, jobless, college graduate. OH WAIT!! Too late! I've been in the process of filling out job applications for the past two weeks and have only turned one  in. EEK!! I feel the necessity of job hunting being pushed aside for the love of new music. With the introductions to numerous artist I had not heard of by a member of the Feltwell Crew and the discovery of Pandora.com, I have been listening to and buying music.  


For instance, the first song on my playlist: People Should Smile More by Newton Faulkner. It is definitely a message that more people should take into consideration!!! 


Anyways, this needs procrastination needs to stop and I need to concentrate on more important things like FINDING A JOB!!!! 


However, the summer is just not the summer without leisurely activities such as reading, getting sunburned, hanging out with friends and watching baseball!!! Within the last two  days I have done all three of those!!! Baseball being my favorite thing of the summer! The Redhawks and the Mets! Can't get enough of those guys in tight pants swinging a bat at a tiny little ball. Or in the Redhawks case, baggy white pants. haha


My friend Jill, aka Genevieve, and I had the opportunity to watch a double header against the Tacoma Rainier's, Monday. It was a gorgeous day with great weather, great baseball, great company, and great food!!! GO ROYCE!!!!! 



Royce coming in after hitting his 3-run homer!!!! ATTA BABY, #7!!!!!! 




My goal by the end of this week is to have all seven job applications turned in! We'll see what happens. 


And as I end this post, I feel the need for another quote. If you don't know, I'm a lover of quotes. I have multiple quote books and am always looking for more! So, here is one for you to think about and for me to keep in mind!!!


"Procrastination is opportunity's assassin." - Victor Kiam


1 comment:

Jill said...

Yesterday was sooo fun!!! And I totally have a sunburn too! We need to tell Petra about the name she should name her child! We also need to tell them all about the SEO!! haha!