Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Frustration, Close to Tears

"There will be no tears. Something will happen. Do not cry." 


This is what I've been trying to tell myself for the past month. I don't know if this is my punishment for waiting too long to start looking for jobs, or if I don't look that great on paper, or if this is something I'm not really supposed to be doing. I've applied to 11 openings that I have found, and have only had one interview, which I have heard nothing back from. I keep trying to tell myself that a lot of schools don't really hire anyone until closer to the beginning of school, but who am I kidding? 


I haven't had an emotional breakdown yet, so no worries there. But, come August 1st and nothing, I can't promise anything. lol 


I've also applied to teach English with CBF (Cooperative Baptist Fellowship) in South Korea, but who knows what will come of that. I probably have to be certified in TESL, which I'm not and it's a bit pricey on top of my certifications for teaching here in OK. 


So, I sit here talking to my friend Jill, and thank God for her! Love you Jill!!!! As I look down at my typing fingers and the ring on my thumb, I'm reminded to have 'Faith'. Faith that something good will happen. Faith that I won't be living with my parents until I'm 40. Faith in God. 


Oh, and I have to take the OPTE again. ARGH!!! Could my life suck any more right now?!?!?! 


No it can't...because...I'm off to New York City on July 27 for a few days with my parents. My 5th time there, and I'm still SUPER excited!! Dad is taking me to a Mets' game, and it's going to be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! David Wright, here I come!!! haha Hopefully, being there will help me keep my mind of not having a job...EEK!!!!  

2 comments:

Susan Iverson said...

Hi there, Hal's mom. Don't get discouraged with the job search. And don't for a minute think you aren't good enough. My mom was a teacher and as you know, both my sons are now as well. Hiring takes place in a flurry toward the middle of August. And there's always substitute teaching, get your foot in the door somewhere and it will all work out. Have faith!

Jill said...

Caroline!! I had a blast with you this weekend...49 cent fountain drinks, orange tree yogurt, manuevering around T-town...too fun! Something will work out with the job!! You are too great of a person for it not to!