Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Break in the Clouds

A small break in the clouds came today. My aunt Carolyn has a lot of pull with CBF, one of the places I applied to teach English in Korea with, and she contacted the guy in charge and he told her they didn't have my application. So, apparently it didn't go through or they lost it. So, I resent it and hopefully now that they know to look for it and I know Carolyn Crumpler, things may start looking up for me!!! Keep your fingers crossed!! Carolyn isn't technically my aunt, she's my mom's best friend, and I am named after her, and I've always known her as aunt Carolyn.


I've picked up more hours at the Downtown YMCA which is actually closer to my house than the YMCA that I've been working at for the past year. Downtown is so much busier, the members are a lot more needy, and there are a LOT more towels to be washed and folded. But, I like it. The time flies by much faster than the Midtown. But, then again, working at Downtown made me realize how much I like the slow pace of Midtown. But, the more money the better!!! So, I work from 9 AM-6PM tomorrow. Which should be interesting. I've never worked that long, so hopefully it won't be too bad.


Things are looking up, I'm not hating life as much as I was. But, for right now, I'm taking each day at a time and remembering to keep having faith.


1 comment:

Hal Iverson said...

So you might be trying to go to Korea to teach english? Do you have your TEFL? It seems like literally everyone that I know is leaving to teach english abroad...I wonder if its something that I should look into...