Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rethinking Things

Here it is August 12, and still no job offers. I'm to the point where I'm rethinking about what it is that I'm supposed to do. Do I still want to be a physical education teacher? A part of me thinks that maybe this isn't what I'm supposed to do. Sure, I enjoyed it thoroughly when I was in England, but I can't help but wonder if it was he environment that played the part in my enjoyment.


One thing that I like to do when I'm stressed or frustrated it scrapbook, or doing something creative. So, I've put off working on my scrapbook for all of my ticket stubs/maps/pamphlets from Europe. So, I bought some punch-out letters yesterday at Wal-mart (sorry Hal, I had a gift card from there from graduation. I know how you hate that place!!! haha). I started work on it last night and I realized that I was truly happy while I was overseas. I know that sounds depressing and a bit rude, but, I loved it over there. And since applying for two jobs teaching English in South Korea, I'm crossing my tiny fingers in hopes that I would get the opportunity to do that. Not only would I get to live and work in the country I was born in, but I would also get to immerse myself in a different culture, which is something that I loved doing while in Europe. I would also get to learn more about where I came from. So, wish me luck that I will get an interview with Pegasus Teachers in October for their February 23, 2010 hiring! It would be such an amazing birthday present!!!


For now, I'm still working at the YMCA, hoping that I can maybe find something more enjoyable for the time being.


Music of the moment:

Scars and Stitches- Theory of a Deadman

Evolver- John Legend

Every Kings of Leon album

1 comment:

Susan Iverson said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I would think you would be at the top of the list for teaching English in Korea with your qualifications. But if not, don't give up hope on teaching. It is such a meaningful career and nothing meaningful was ever easy, right? And don't let Hal give you hard time on the Wal Mart thing. We just went camping and he was forced to buy fishing lures there! He hated every minute but his quest for the biggest fish (which he achieved) overrode his hate for the place. Hang in there!