Monday, August 31, 2009

Crappy Day!

I hope that deciding to take one day at a time is the smart thing to do. As for my day today, it was pretty crappy! Worked downtown today from 11 AM-5 PM. Two more hours than I was supposed to. I'm still trying to get the hang of things. Things at downtown are so much MORE involved than at Midtown, so I'm constantly having to ask questions and then there was a mishap with the cash register today which just sealed the deal on the "crappy day!" It was my fault, I didn't get scolded by anyone but myself. I've figured out that I'm not as good a multi-tasker as I thought I was.


After today I felt like I was alone, when in reality that's hardly the case. I just wish I had someone who I could talk to and they would listen. Someone who I could cry in front of and not be judged. Someone who could wrap their arms around me and my whole crappy day would seise to exist. Someone who would tell me things will get better and I would actually believe them. Someone who would use their humor to make me laugh out loud.


When and if I ever find that someone, my hardships are being told to "Living in the Now." Even though you don't respond, I know I have the ability to speak freely. So until next time...


2 comments:

Jill said...

Awe Caroline....I am sorry about your "crappy day." That stinks when things just don't go right. I guess if we didn't have crappy days, then we wouldn't be able to appreciate how great the good days are. I hope that you have an extraordinary good day today!!!

Hal Iverson said...

Caroline,

I am sorry about your day too! I have had a string of those this summer too, and I wish I had something helpful to tell you. Most of all I hope you know that you have a wealth of people out there who really care about you and have no doubt benefitted from you being in their lives. Me for one! I hope that you feel you could call me anytime and cry (...on the phone or skype:) without judgement on my part. If not, then I need you to think of one specific time- and that is Jamaican Hostel Night. When the Trinidad DJ said "happy birt-day Car-o-line, lookin' pretty on dat der chair" looking over at your smiling peers, dancing, laughing, and enjoying living in the now. Tomorrow will be better. Miss you!