Sunday, March 29, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

To start off, because we took the "Sound of Music" tour in Austria, Jill thought we should do our list of "favorite things." So, here are my top 10 favorite things!!!


1. My family

2. My friends

3. Basketball

4. Music

5. Traveling

6. Laughing

7. Photography

8. Movies

9. Intense Conversations

10. My MacBook


Austria was AMAZING!!!! The girls and I had such an amazing time and we definitely want to go back. We climbed a mountain that had an incredible view of the city, we went on the Sound of Music tour and saw awesome stuff from the movie, and FANTASTIC scenery!!! We fell in love with Salzburg!!!! We didn't want to leave! 


Alright, so sorry it's been a while since I've blogged. Things have bee hectic and they really aren't slowing down. Dr. Davis has come and gone. He came to observe me at the elementary school, and I he said I did a great job. My portfolio is due on Wednesday and with our sketchy internet, I've been freakin' out about it for the past three weeks, but I guess that's my own fault for putting it off? But, I'm down to the wire and I'm almost done, I believe. lol 


Wednesday night after volleyball Alan took us to Cambridge for sushi. On our way to Cambridge, Joanna and I decided to start a "question war" which continued through dinner and on the way home. I love coming up with completely random questions and hearing the answers from these people who I've gotten to know over the past two months. We are all definitely going to be friends for a VERY long time. We've already made lunch dates and are talking about getting together to do things when we get back to the States. Even the boys from Washington State are talking about a visit to the great state of Oklahoma. Just one more month with these amazing people, I better be making the most of it!!! 


London, this weekend to see my parents. I took the train from New Market into London. I was to the point where I needed our two navigators. I got onto the wrong train, knowingly. DUMB!!!! Went backward to Bury St. Edmunds, and had to get on another train back to New Market, then off to Cambridge. Then changed trains to get on a train to London, which was having technical difficulties and could only go half power into London. So, I finally arrived in King's Cross Station in London, had no idea where I was. Finally found the tube and got on the wrong one. Got off and found one that was going to take me ALL the way round on the circle line. So, I got off, got on a different one to Liverpool Street, and got a cab to the hotel. All in all I was tired, anxious, and scared out of my mind and wanted to get to the hotel as fast as I could. If I hadn't been tired, I could have easily gotten myself around.  All weekend I was the navigator for myself and my parents. 


London was CHAOTIC!!!! The G20 is going on next week, so there were protestors out like crazy, and the tube was PACKED like sardines. But, Saturday we ended up going to the London Aquarium and they were letting everyone in free because their computers were down. We also ended up going to Harrods.  It was crazy busy as well.  It was awesome! I definitely enjoyed it. Aquariums are definitely on my top 20 favorite things. We went to the British Museum, National Gallery, and the National Portrait Gallery on Friday. We went to Covent Gardens which was amazing and saw these two Jamaican street performers. Seeing them made me miss my Feltwell Crew. But, I did get to see some of them in London today!!! Nicole, Jill, and Emily were in London for the Oxford v. Cambridge boat race. My parents and I met up with them and we ended up going to see The Globe Theatre. It was pretty sweet. We ended up missing the race, but we had a good time. 


Sorry, this was just a list of things I've done in the past two weeks, but that's about all I've got time for. 


Cheers!!!

No comments: